Franchising Helps To Expand Faster And You Need To Worry About Lesser Things: Tarun Lala
With India being a tropical country, fans are a must have for every home and office. Even though air conditioners and coolers have become a preferred source of maintaining a comfortable temperature, the age-old reliable and affordable friend, the ceiling fan, remains well in fashion.
However, customers are now drifting from traditional fans and demand for exquisite designs. Thus, it has given birth to premium and luxury category of Fan market in India.
Fanzart is one of India’s leading and first luxury fan brand. Fanzart started becoming a reliable brand amongst architects, interior designers, celebrities, cricketers and more. With 60 franchised showrooms in India, presence in 6 countries, Fanzart has had an overwhelming adoption amongst homeowners and other commercial establishments.
In conversation with Franchise India, Tarun Lala, Executive Director, Fanzart, shares his valuable inputs about the luxury fan segment in India, Customer Trends, benefit of the franchise model and much more.
Scope of luxury fan market in India
The Ceiling Fan is an integral part of an Indian home. And unlike other products has not evolved in decades.
“Seeing that the adoption is restricted to the Luxury segment, there is a long way to go and with the premium segment growing rapidly. Fans may eventually hit upon a revolution the way there was one for LEDs. The luxury fan market serves is about 2% of the population. The HNI and UHNI consumer market,” said, Tarun.
Current consumer trends
Customers are looking for exquisite designs, a Wow factor like retractable blades, Smart features with their home product, and a superior experience.
“As a product-driven company we keep finding specific problem statements amongst spaces and the irrespective ceilings and introducing solutions that not only serve the purpose but also look really good while doing it,” stated, Tarun.
Business model and franchising facts
We serve customers in cities with our trained and trusted franchise partners. We
Partner on a master franchise on a city basis and in turn help them appoint more sub-franchisees. As a master franchise, you may set up a display within your showroom or open a stand-alone Fanzart showroom and in turn, the sub-franchisees are little experience centres within existing luxury home store brands who work with architects and interior designers.
Advantages businesses of the franchise model
“You get to expand faster and need to worry about lesser things. The franchise partner knows the language they speak in their city. For example, Delhi and Kochi speak completely different negotiation languages,” said, Tarun.
Leveraging on Brand USP
Exquisite designs: We have over 80 unique designs of luxury fans - ceiling, wall mounted, outdoor, classical / vintage, modern, customisable, pedestal, table, tower, mist, recessed cassette fans and more.
Whisper Quiet: All our fans are completely silent operators and their noise is under 50 lb.
Top Quality: The quality of our fans is unmatchable and hence they are long-lasting.
Superior breeze experience: The increased blade angle of the blade gives you a much more feather-like and superior breeze experience. Extraordinary buying and service experience.
How customization is affecting the fan industry
Offering customisation is a hard offering to scale and we have just introduced customisable fans last year. The customisations come as follows.
- Customisable blades: Can polish the specially handcrafted wooden blades to suit any home interior.
- Customisable dome: Can print the dome of retractable bladed fans with pictures or characters as per the customer’s liking or imagination.
- Complete customisation: This is where you can customise your fan with your brand name or logo OR integrate a light feature. Can choose from 8 base models and integrate absolutely ANYTHING that can be laser or 3D printed onto the fan. Very popular amongst hotels, restaurants and more.
Influence of Technology
- Customisations using 3D printing, laser printing etc.
- Adding features like Summer Winter to address respective problem statements.
- Using BLDC motors to make them absorb lesser power, making them environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
- Adding smarts using sensors and other preset smart features.
- Using Virtual and augmented reality to visualise better.
- Inputs like voice activation.
- Blade angle technology, Winglet technology etc. and more.