Why Workplace Wellness Is An Important Thing In 2019
Wellness in the workplace has gained drastic popularity in the last couple of years. Initially, the concept that invaded the Indian region was among the niche model that has now emerged as a necessity in today’s time. Workplace owners are now introducing several programs that are meant to cater to their employee’s wellbeing and improved medical conditions.
The Transforming Workplace Wellness
As the health and wellness industry is constantly revamping with time, the workplace wellness segment is experiencing a similar transformation. The emerging new wellness startups and existing brands are utilizing several tools as their success mantra, promoting wellness in organizations.
The workplace wellness is now more than just preventing illness along with accidents and injuries. This has emerged as a positive approach towards helping and improving the health and well-being of the staffs and employees working for an organization.
Why Promote Wellness in the Workplace?
Promoting wellness in the workplace has its own advantages that could benefits staffs along with improving the economic condition of an organization. It is believed that happy staffs could generate opportunities for your business that could lead to sales and profits.
Few reasons why workplace wellness should be promoted are:
- The workplace is playing an essential role in the current time that has a significant impact on people’s health.
- Workplace serves as an important determinant to the health and wellness factor.
- Staffs and employees health directly reflects on the organization productivity, bring profit or loss accordingly.
Benefits of Introducing Workplace Wellness
There are several benefits of having workplace wellness right from the word go. It is believed that proper workplace wellness could motivate the staffs and employees working for an organization, allowing them to work in a happy environment, eventually increasing productivity as a whole.
Introducing a workplace wellness program could just be the solution for promoting wellness in an organization. Additionally, it benefits the employers and employees both at the same time.
Benefits for Employers
- Decreased absenteeism
- Decreased health benefit costs
- Reduced workplace accidents and injuries
- Improved morale
- Increased productivity
- Improved corporate image
- Enhanced ability to recruit and retain skilled employees
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved labor relations
- Improved corporate culture
- Demonstrated concern for employees
Benefits for Employees
- Improved health and well-being
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes
- Increased ability to make the changes necessary to improve personal health
- Reduced personal health care expenses
- Less injury and illness
- Healthier workplace culture
- Increased productivity
- Improved job satisfaction and morale