Rising Demands for Sports Academy Franchises in Chandigarh
Recently, the Supreme Court has issued a notice to the Centre, State Governments, and Union Territories on the Public Interest Litigation “to make sports a part of the Fundamental Rights and to promote sports education nationally.”
The PIL reads, “Sports should be included in the curriculum from nursery to secondary level and education with sports subject should be imparted to the child from the very beginning of education. Children's talent and sports aptitude should be tested from the elementary school days itself so that the talent of a child can be improved and developed through training and education.”
Chandigarh has been home to many national and international players like Milkha Singh, Abhinav Bindra, and Kapil Dev to name a few, which makes it one of the most suitable locations, where many sports players have already started their own academy and some aspire to open one soon.
Sports academy franchises also want to be a part of this rich source of income, and so they offer franchising opportunities especially in Chandigarh for those who can afford to find a suitable area and to invest the amount.
Here are some of the sports academy franchise options one can try on:
- Skating and roller Academy
- Football Academy
- Cricket Academy
- Badminton Academy
- Swimming Academy
- Indoor games Academy
- Boxing Academy
Factors that have raised the demands of sports business in Chandigarh:
Celebrities turning entrepreneurs: A lot of sports celebrities have recently become entrepreneurs and to encourage the sports academy business to rise and shine. Sports players have built enough of a fan base with aspiring sportspersons who look up to their brand that would help them grow equally successful as they are.
Thus, a lot of celebrity-owned franchises have gained popularity these days and the demand is rising.
Social Media influence: The social media has taken oven every millennial life and is functioning as a guiding light to many for leading a healthy life as well as following routines like the social media influencers. The sports played by celebrities, who do not even belong to the sports industry have also indirectly made the demands for sports academies popular in many parts of the country.
Celebrity endorsements fuel the demands furthermore, hence the demands for sports academy franchises is soaring high.
Scope for the sports academies and sports associations provided by the Chandigarh Sports Council
- Grant recognition to Sports Associations to extend financial and other assistance as per rules framed from time to time for the purpose.
- Availing financial assistance on behalf of Union Territory Administration in the Sports Department from the Government of India under various schemes as stated from time to time.
- To look after the welfare of the sportsmen/women and to provide necessary monetary assistance to them for their training, diet, etc.
- Grant financial aid to selected sportsmen/women/coaches/manager/veterans for recognized international competitions, duly sponsored by the Government of India, Ministry of Sports.
- Confer awards on coaches for their performance in producing players of National/International repute.
- To undertake and implement schemes relating to the development of sports.
Those who want to start their own business or take up franchisees can join in the FRO 2019, happening in Chandigarh on 19-20 January, to know more about the franchise business, financial advice, and business advice from the experts. Meet the investors personally and participate to change the small world of business.