10 lucrative tips to revamp dying glory of a Beauty Parlour in Indian wellness space
As India becomes grooming conscious, the demand for health centric industries has increased manifolds. With growing awareness and rapidly growing competition in the trade, traditional beauty parlours are losing its glory in big cities.
Once considered as the top of the lucrative businesses, Beauty Parlours were the easier bet to start in less investment with limited basic knowledge required for beauty needs, finance and location. As the wellness industry started booming and international firms forayed into Indian market, Beauty Parlours have limited to small town expansion.However, with the continuous innovation into wellness space and customers are willing to experiment; here are some easy tips to revamp the lost glory of a Beauty Parlours.
1) If you would like to branch out on your own, you have to sit with a consultant to decide on the funding. There are many banks that will provide you with loan like SIDBI, NSIC etc.
2) You have to choose a good location in mall, shopping centre or a busy street for good footfall.
3) Next, you must consider the health code and arrange for keeping the environment clean and hygienic.
4) Choose a designer to create the right ambience to attract customers.
5) Combine services like hair cutting, spa and beauty treatments because people like to come to a place that offers more than one treatment.
6) Hire trained staff.
7) Keep the customers happy and satisfied.
8) Advertise via brochures in newspapers.
9) Make some discount package, for example give a combination of services in fewer prices.
10) If you are a woman, there are many financial institutes that are giving loans to woman to start up their business like Andhra Bank’s AB Vanitha Vahan, Bank of India’s Mahila Gold Loan Scheme, Central Bank of India’s Cent Kalyani etc.
Must have: The very essential requirement to run a Beauty Parlour in big town, one needs to have diploma in beauty basics and master the skills of basic grooming needs like threading, pedicure, manicure etc that to in minimum time. There are many schools from which one can take these courses from like VLCC, Shahnaz Husain, Lakmé Lever, Blossom Kochhar, Jawed Habib etc, depending on your area of expertise. These people give you franchise also ranging from 2 lakh above in which they will provide you all the knowhow of establishing your business.